With the school year quickly approaching winter break, it’s now up to the parents to plan a fun-filled vacation that will leave the kids talking about it for months to come. We have compiled a list of 10 winter break activities that will assure your kids have a wonderful story to tell.
- Enjoy a hayride through College Stations famous Santa’s Wonderland.
It’s not too late to squeeze in a performance of The Nutcracker Ballet or another holiday show.
- Go ice skating indoor at The Galleria, or if you’re into the cold weather visit the outdoor rink at Discovery Green.
- Visit local museums and art centers. Check online for free admission days/times.
- Spend the day at an area farm, like Old MacDonald’s Farm – where kids can ride the train, play in the hay barn, and enjoy the petting zoo.
- Watch a movie bundled up with hot chocolate at Discovery Green.
- Take a day trip to a nearby town, like Brenham to see the Blue Bell Ice Cream Creamery.
- Participate at The Woodlands Children’s Museum for Winter FUNcation.
Watch a holiday movie at your local theater; don’t forget to call in advance for early bird rates.
- Schedule a photo with Santa, if you have not already